Dry Chicken Curry Recipe
Recipe type: Curries
The thick curry has ingredients like curry powder, tomato, ghee and onion with chicken. Lemon juice and coconut is sprinkled to make it dry.
- 60gms ghee
- 2 Onion (Pyaj)s, thinly sliced
- 2 clove (laung)s garlic (lasan), thinly sliced
- 2 tblsp curry powder
- 1 tblsp tomato (tamatar) paste
- 1½ kg chicken pieces
- Meld ghee in a frying pan, sautÃ© onions and garlic until onions is tender.
- Add curry powder and tomato paste, sautÃ© 3 minutes.
- Add chicken pieces, mix well, cover, simmer for about 45 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Add lemon juice and coconut, which will absorb any excess gravy.
The pan must be continually watched, as the contents may stick. If this happens, add just sufficient water to prevent it.