Fish curry with fried onions
Recipe type: Curries
This hearty fish curry can be on the table in under 30 minutes.
- 200g (1 cup) basmati rice
- 1 x 250g jar jalfrezi cooking sauce (Patak's brand)
- 1 ripe tomato, coarsely chopped
- 500g firm white fish fillets (such as smooth dory), cut into 5cm pieces
- 80ml (1/3 cup) coconut cream
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 large brown onion, halved, thinly sliced crossways
- ¼ cup loosely packed fresh coriander leaves
- Cook rice in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until tender (approx 15 min). Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add jalfrezi sauce and tomato, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add fish and coconut cream. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes or until brown.
- Spoon rice evenly among serving bowls. Top with the fish curry and fried onion. Sprinkle with coriander leaves.
Use the rice to make rice pudding. Use the coriander in curries or Asian salads. Wine suggestion: Miranda High Country Riesling, $14.