Recipe type: Curries
Here is an easy to make and healthy recipe. This delicious cutlet, or patty can be eaten as an appetizer or as a substantial meal – try it in a burger.
- Tilapia (or any other fish) – 2 fillets, approx ½ lb.
- Onion – 1 medium, finely chopped
- Ginger/Garlic paste – 1 Tbsp
- Green Chilies – to taste, finely chopped
- Cilantro Leaves – 5 sprigs, finely chopped
- Egg Whites – 2
- Lemon Juice – 1 Tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Red Chili Powder – to taste
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp or to taste
- Bread Crumbs – approx ¾ cup
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Wash and drain fish fillets well.
- Heat non-stick skillet on medium heat.
- Cook fillets without oil for 3-4 minutes on each side (until fully cooked).
- Remove fillets into a bowl and allow to cool.
- With a fork, open up the fish (flake it).
- Add in Onions, Ginger/Garlic Paste, Green Chilies, Cilantro, Salt, Red Chili Powder, Garam Masala & Lemon Juice.
- Mix well (you can use your hands to mix). Taste and adjust salt or other spices.
- Add in Egg Whites and mix.
- Add in Bread Crumbs until you can form a nice patty with the mixture.
- Form patties with the mixture according to your desired size.
- Heat a non-stick skillet and pan fry the patties using a little Oil on both sides until golden brown.
- Serve hot with chutney or ketchup.