Recipe type: Appetiser
- Fish Pieces 250 Grams
- Spring Onion Finely Chopped 1 Bunch
- Ginger Finely Chopped 2 Teaspoons
- Garlic Finely Chopped 1 Teaspoons
- Plain Flour ¼ Cup
- Cornflour 3 Tablespoons
- Red Chilli Powder ¼ Teaspoons
- Red Chillies, Dry 2 Numbers
- Oil 3 Tablespoons
- Water 1½ Cup
- Milk 1 Tablespoons
- Boil the fish for 10 minutes in plenty of water, to which a tbsp. of milk has been added.
- Drain and pat dry on a clean cloth.
- Make thin batter out of flour and 2 tbsp.cornflour, adding ¼ tsp. each of ginger and garlic and red chilli powder and salt to taste.
- Dip the pieces in the batter one by one and deep fry in hot oil.
- Keep aside.
- In the remaining oil, add remaining ginger, garlic and crushed red chilli and fry for a minute.
- Add the salt and spring onions.
- Stir fry for a minute.
- Add 1½ cups water and bring to a boil.
- Add 1 tbsp. cornflour to ¼ cup water and dissolve well.
- Gradually add to the gravy and stir continuously till it resumes boiling.
- Boil till the gravy becomes transparent. Add florettes and soya sauce.
- Boil for two more minutes and remove.
- Serve hot with noodles or rice.