Home-made Tandoori Chicken
Recipe type: Curries
Tandoori cooking does not require much use of oil or ghee and hence is a favorite with those on a low-calorie diet. Tandoors are used to cook food like-naans, kababs, the much known tandoori chicken or tikkas.
- Oven Temp; 450 F- 220 C
- 1 kg chicken-broiler
- 2 tsp each garlic and ginger paste
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp red pepper-powdered
- 1 tsp black-pepper-powdered
- 1 tbsp salt or to taste
- 3 tbsp vinegar OR 1 cup (200 g) yogurt
- lemon quarters and onion rings for garnish
- Prick the chicken with a fork, and mix in the rest of the ingredients, except the lemon and the onions, and leave for 4-6 hours, turning a few times.
- About 20-25 minutes. Before serving, place the chicken in a drip pan, and place it into the preheated oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Serve garnished with lemon and onion rings.