MUTTON WITH OKRA CURRY
Recipe type: Curries
This is a very simple mutton curry dish cooked with okra or Bhindi (also known as lady finger in India and pakistan).
- ½ kg mutton
- 250 gms okra (bhindi)
- 4 tbs oil
- 3-4 cups of water
- 2 onions - finely sliced
- 1 ½ tsp ginger-garlic paste
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- 3 tbs of curd
- 1 cup of tamarind water
- salt to taste
- fresh coriander - for garnishing
- Heat 2 tbs of oil in a pan and lightly fry the okra. Keep aside.
- In the same pan, heat 2 tbsp of oil and sauté the onions till golden brown. Add the ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt and a dash of water. Stir it all together.
- Mix in the mutton and brown for 5-7 minutes. Add the tamarind water, curd and okra. Cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Pour enough water for a thin gravy. Simmer and cook for 30-40 minutes.
- Finally, sprinkle the garam masala. Garnish and serve hot.