Nellore Bommidala Pulusu
Recipe type: Curries
It's a delicious item from nellore,the faamous andhra recipe.very easy to cook at home.
- Bommidailu – ½ kg
- Onions – 1 finely chopped
- Tomatoes – 3 chopped
- Tamarind – 1 lemon sized ball soaked in hot water
- Mango -1/2 chopped into big pieces
- Turmeric – 2 teaspoons
- Chilli powder
- Fenugreek seeds – pinch
- Curry leaves – few
- Wash Bommidailu properly and keep aside.
- In a saucepan add and heat sufficient oil.
- Add fenugreek seeds and curry leaves and let them splutter.
- Now add chopped onions and fry till they turn pink in color.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the onions and let them turn tender.
- Now add the bommidailu and mango pieces and mix well.
- Add turmeric, sufficient chilli powder and salt. Mix well.
- Squeeze thick tamarind juice out of the soaked tamarind and add to the fish.
- At the end add little bit of water to the fish.
- Cover with lid and cook well till oil oozes out.
- Dont overcook since fish cooks faster.
- Delicious Nellore style Bommidala pulusu is ready and serve hot with rice.
Do not add more tamarind juice since it turns sour. Be careful while cooking the fish. Do not stir too much since the fish might break into pieces.