Recipe type: Curries
Recreate the authentic Chinese cuisine at home with deliciously tasty, crispy prawn toasts!
- 350g green prawn meat
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp finely grated ginger
- 2 eggwhites
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2 tsp light soy sauce, plus extra to serve
- 6 slices white bread, crusts removed
- Sesame oil, to brush
- Sunflower oil, to shallow-fry
- Micro herbs (see note), to garnish
- Place the prawn meat, garlic, ginger, eggwhites, spring onion and soy sauce in a food processor and process to a smooth paste. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, then transfer to a bowl, cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Brush one side of each bread slice with a little sesame oil, then spread that side with prawn mixture, making sure it completely covers each piece.
- Heat 1-2cm oil in a deep frypan and shallow-fry the toasts for 1-2 minutes each side until golden and crisp. Drain on paper towel and slice into triangles.
- Sprinkle with micro herbs and serve with extra soy sauce for dipping.
Micro herbs are from growers' markets and selected greengrocers.