Pudina Shrimp (Prawn) Recipe
Recipe type: Curries
Looking for a quick and tasty shrimp recipe? Try Pudina or “mint” Shrimp. With a few ingredients, little prep time and many cooking options, you can impress your family and friends with this flavorful appetizer.
- Shrimp (Prawns) – approx 10 ounces (about 15 20/25 grade shrimp)
- Mint Leaves – handful
- Garlic – 5 large cloves
- Ginger – 2 inch piece
- Green Chilies – to taste
- Oil – ½ Tbsp
- Lemon/Lime Juice – 1 Tbsp or to taste
- Black Pepper – ½ tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp or to taste
- For garnishing: Lime wedges and mint leaves
- Defrost, wash, devein and pat dry Shrimp.
- Add remaining ingredients into a blender or spice grinder and grind to a smooth paste.
- Coat Shrimp with ground mixture and marinate for minimum of 10 minutes in the refrigerator (can marinate up to overnight for added flavor).
- Cooking options: (a) Cook 2 minutes on each side on a hot skillet lightly coated with oil (b) Broil in the oven (2 min each side) by arranging shrimp on a baking tray that is foil lined and lightly coated with oil (c) Grill shrimp on an indoor grill like George Foreman
- Skewer shrimp with bamboo skewers soaked in water for presentation.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice before serving. Serve hot.