Rayalaseema Chepa Pulusu
Recipe type: Curries
Famous andhra recipe to make at home easily.
- ½ kg Rahu fish
- 1 tbs ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- salt to taste
- For Curry:
- 7 tbs sesame oil
- 1 inch of cinnamon
- 4 green cardamoms
- 4 cloves
- 2 small onions
- 6-7 green chillies
- ½ tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tomatoes, pureed with seeds & skin
- 5-6 tsp tamarind extract
- 6-8 curry leaves
- coriander for garnishing
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the marinade with the fish and keep aside for ½ hour.
- Grind the green cardamom, cloves and cinnamon together and remove.
- Then, grind the onion and green chillies into a paste.
- In a pan, heat 5 tbs of oil and shallow fry the fish till the outside is slightly crisp. Remove & keep aside.
- In the same pan, heat 2 tbs of oil, add the mustard & fenugreek seeds and let them crackle.
- Add the ground onion & chilli paste and sauté till transparent.
- Mix in the tomato puree & tamarind extract and cook for 5 mins stirring continuously.
- Add the fried fish, turmeric powder and ground masala. Gently stir.
- Pour enough water to cover the fish slightly. Sprinkle the curry leaves on top, cover & cook for 8-10 mins.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot with rice.