Simple Fried Fish
Recipe type: Curries
There's nothing easier, faster & more delicious than frying fish this way as a side to your seafood meal or even some daal/ lentils, especially if you get the fish cleaned & sliced at the market like we did earlier this week.
- 1kg fish - a large black pomfret/ 4 small white pomfrets/ 1 medium kingfish - cleaned & cut into ½" slices (skin on).
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp turmeric pwd
- 1-1.5 tsp red chili pwd
- 1 tsp pepper pwd
- 1.5 tsp cumin pwd
- 1 tsp garlic pwd
- oil for shallow frying
- Wash the fish well & add salt & lime to it - rub well & leave aside for 10-15 mins.
- Heat the oil in a non stick frying pan.
- Wash the fish well & drain out all the excess oil with a paper towel (Not TOO dry).
- Mix the powders if a large bowl & toss the fish in - evenly coat the fish with the spices.
- Fry the slices to a light brown crisp, about 5 mins on each side (open, not covered).
- Place on paper towels to drain out the excess oil.
- Serve with fish curry & rice or daal.