Southern Chicken Curry Recipe
Recipe type: Curries
Learn how to make Southern Chicken Curry recipe using our easy to make homemade Southern Chicken Curry recipes. Try this homemade Southern Chicken Curry cooking recipe at your home.
- 3 dried chilies
- 2 tblsp poppy seeds
- 2 tblsp coriander seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 6-cashew nut
- 2 cups (500ml) hot water
- 90gms ghee
- 4 small Onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 6 chicken breast fillets, cut into 3 cm pieces
- 1 lemon juice
- Combine chilies, poppy seeds, coriander, cumin, turmeric, ginger, and cashew nuts in a blender or spice grinder. Blend to a smooth paste.
- Combine, coconut in a bowl with 2 /3 cup (150ml) hot water, stand for 3 minutes. Press coconut through sieve, reserve milk.
- Pour 1⅓ cups (350ml) hot water over the coconut, stand 10 minutes. Press through sieve, reserve milk.
- Melt ghee in a frying pan, stir in onions, garlic, and spice paste, for 3 minutes. Add chicken, fry on all sides until brown. Remove chicken and set aside.
- pour the 1⅓ cups (350ml) coconut milk into the pan, simmer sauce until reduced and thickened.
- Return chicken to sauce. Add the ⅔ cup (150ml) coconut milk and lemon juice. Simmer 10 minutes.