Recipe type: Appetiser
This Cabbage Salad is an amazing salad/subzi recipe. All the nutrients (Vitamin C) are still intact as the Cabbage has not been cooked a whole lot. Sambharo is traditionally a Gujarati dish and once again, like a lot of other Gujarati dishes, it will blow you away with it’s simplicity and the flavor. A must try…
- Cabbage – 6 cups, finely chopped
- Carrots – 1 medium, shredded
- Oil – 1.5 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – pinch
- Curry Leaves – few
- Green Chili – 2 or to taste, slit
- Salt – to taste
- Lemon/Lime Juice – 1 tbsp
- Cilantro – 5 sprigs, Finely chopped for garnish
- In a non-stick pan, heat the oil on medium heat.
- Once hot, add in the Mustard Seeds. Allow them to pop.
- Add in the Asafoetida, Curry Leaves and Green Chilis.
- Cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add in the Lemon/Lime Juice and Salt.
- Mix well and add in the Cabbage and Carrots.
- Toss and mix well for about 2 minutes.
- Taste and adjust the Salt and Lemon Juice.
- Take it off the flame.
- Serve at room temperature or cold.
- Garnish with Cilantro at the time of serving.