Corny Bean Salad
Recipe type: salads
A whole lot of iron and fun! the colours in the salad will surely attract a lot of attention from your kids.
- ¼ cup rajma (kidney beans)
- 2 tbsp kabuli chana (white chick peas)
- ½ cup boiled sweet corn kernels (makai ka dana)
- ½ cup chopped cucumber
- ½ cup chopped spring onions
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- To Be Mixed Into A Dressing
- ¾ cup curds (dahi)
- ¼ cup chopped coriander (dhania)
- 2 tbsp chopped mint leaves (phudina)
- 2 green chillies
- ½ tsp sugar
- salt to taste
- Soak the kidney beans and kabuli chana in water for 7 to 8 hours.
- Drain and discard the water, wash, add salt and 2 cups of water and boil till tender.
- Drain again and discard the water. Keep aside to cool.
- Toss all the ingredients with the dressing and serve.