Fruity Vegetable Salad ( Low Calorie Healthy Cooking )
Recipe type: salads
Fruity vegetable salad,is a delightful combination of fresh fruits and vegetables makes this salad hard to resist. The low-fat curd dressing is delicately flavoured with basil and mustard. The fruits, vegetables and curds have few calories, but contains a lot of fibre. Such salads should be had before a meal as they are filling, to avoid overeating during the many courses that follow.
- 1½ cups low-fat curds
- 4 tbsp finely chopped basil
- ½ tsp mustard (rai / sarson) powder
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- Other Ingredients
- 1 cup sliced watermelon
- ¾ cup pineapple cubes
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- ½ cup chopped capsicum
- 2 tbsp chopped grapes (optional)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped celery
- For the curds basil dressing
- Tie the curds in a thin muslin cloth. Hang for 1 hour and allow the water to drain out.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend in a mixer till smooth. Refrigerate till chill.
- How to proceed:
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, add the dressing and toss well.