Lemony Yoghurt Salad
Recipe type: salads
Packed with protein, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, iron and fibre this salad is extremely healthy, nourishing and tasty. This refreshing salad is full of the goodness of apples, lettuce, celery and corn flakes and is served in a creamy and tangy basil flavoured dressing that is sweetened with grated apple. Apply a little lemon juice to the apples before refrigerating to avoid discolouration due to exposure to air.
- For the salad
- 2 cups apple cubes
- 4 tbsp finely chopped celery
- 4 cups lettuce leaves, torn into pieces
- ½ cup corn flakes
- To be mixed into a dressing
- ¼ cup fresh low fat curds (dahi)
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp finely chopped basil
- 2 tbsp grated apples
- salt and black pepper (kalimirch) powder to taste
- Combine all the ingredients for the salad, except the corn flakes and mix well.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Add the corn flakes and the dressing to the salad just before serving. Toss the salad and serve immediately.