Chorizo and vegetable soup
Recipe type: soups
Spicy chorizo adds flavour and meaty goodness to this hearty winter soup.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 chorizo sausages, sliced
- 1L (4 cups) chicken stock
- 800g pontiac potatoes, peeled, cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 bunch silverbeet, trimmed, sliced
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Heat oil in a large saucepan on medium-high heat. Cook onion, garlic and chorizo, stirring, for 5 minutes until onion is soft.
- Add stock, 1L water and potatoes. Bring to the boil, simmer over medium heat for 12 minutes until potatoes are tender, then add silverbeet. Cook for 2 minutes until just wilted. Season. Serve with bread.