HARABARA CHANNA SOUP
Recipe type: soups
Harabara Channa Soup is a delicious, refreshing and nutritious recipe consists of black chickpeas or kala channa as the basis for this soup broth cooked along with few aromatic spices. Black beans are a great source of many dietary needs and this humble legume is a great way to prepare and eat as a meal or as a condiment for other foods.
- Cumin Powder Pinch
- Pepper Powder Pinch
- Turmeric Powder Pinch
- Hing (asafoetida) Pinch
- Green Chillies, Crushed 2-3 Numbers
- Garlic Cloves, Crushed 4-5 Numbers
- Curry Leaves few Springs
- Cumin Seeds 1 Teaspoons
- Ghee/ Clarified Butter 1 Tablespoons
- Desi Black Channa, Boiled 2 Cup
- Salt To Taste
- Water As Needed
- Soak the black kala overnight, pressure cook the channa the next day with little salt. Use this water for making this soup. Take little channa and grind to a paste and mix it well with the channa water and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a pan, add cumin seeds, curry leaves, crushed garlic, green chillies and sauté well till the garlic are slightly browned.
- Add pinch of hing, turmeric powder, jeera powder, pepper powder and sauté all the spices until flavourful.
- Add salt to taste and the water of black chickpeas and allow it to boil.
- After it comes to a full boil, the soup is ready.