Potato Soup with Sausage, Kale and Beans
Recipe type: soups
- 10 to 12 red potatoes sliced in half and then sliced into ½
- 3 finely minced cloves of fresh garlic
- 1 finely chopped large yellow onion
- 4 finely chopped stalks of celery
- ½ cup of roughly chopped fresh oregano (substitute ¼ cup of dry oregano)
- 3 thinly sliced bunches of fresh kale
- 5 cans of strained Northern beans
- 12 links of Italian sausage
- 6 strips of chopped bacon
- 7 to 10 cups of chicken stock (by out of the box or substitute half of the amount with water)
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- Lea and Perrins to taste
- Tabasco to taste
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Place the sausage links on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and roast in the oven on 375° for 20 minutes or until brown and cooked through.
- In the mean time cook the bacon in a large pot on high heat until crispy.
- Once crispy, remove the bacon and caramelize the onions, garlic and celery. When brown, add in stock, beans, potatoes, kale, cooked bacon, herbs, seasonings and last but not least slice the Italian sausage into 1.