Recipe type: soups
- 1 can of plain pumpkin puree
- 1 large box of chicken broth
- 1 small container of frozen baby peas (about eight oz.)
- 1 cup of milk
- ½ cup of instant mashed potatoes
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 1 small onion, peeled, and left whole
- 2 tbs. of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. of sage (fresh leaves are fantastic in this, but the bottled version is fine)
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Sour cream (garnish)
- In a large stock pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and allow it to become slightly translucent. Remove the onion.
- Add the pumpkin puree, straight out of the can and add the salt.
- Slowly stir in the chicken stock. Add the peas. Add the mashed potato flakes.
- Allow the soup to heat through.
- Slowly add the milk and stir. Depending on how thick you prefer your soup you may add a bit more or a bit less of the milk.
- If desired, for a bit of heat, add crushed cayenne pepper to taste.
- Garnish with a drop of sour cream.