Roasted Capsicum Soup
Recipe type: soups
Bright red and flavourful, this soup is ideal for diabetics. Capsicum contains vitamin A, an antioxidant that helps to fight the free radicals that otherwise attack healthy cells and lead to complications.
- 2 whole red capsicums
- 4 medium sized tomatoes
- 2 bayleaves (tejpatta)
- 1 clove of garlic (lehsun)
- ½ cup low fat milk
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- salt to taste
- For the garnish
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- Pierce the red capsicum with a fork and roast them over a flame till they turn black.
- Cool, wash them and remove the skin, stem and seeds. Keep aside.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters and add approx. 3 cups of water, bay leaves and garlic and boil till the tomatoes are soft. Discard the bay leaves and keep aside.
- Purée the capsicum and tomato mixture into a smooth paste.
- Mix the corn flour and milk and add to the paste.
- Add salt and simmer the soup for few minutes till it thickens.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
If the soup tastes sour add a pinch of sugar substitute and mix well just before serving.