Sweet raita recipe
Recipe type: soups
sweet raita - mildly spiced and sweet raita.
- 1.25 to 1.5 cup fresh chilled full fat curd/yogurt/dahi
- 1 to 2 tbsp coriander leaves/dhania patta
- ½ to ¾ tbsp sugar or as required
- ½ tsp roasted cumin powder or as required
- ½ tsp chaat masala (no need to add salt as chaat masala already has black salt in it)
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder/lal mirch powder
- few coriander leaves for garnishing
- chopped mango or banana or pomegranate arils or grated beetroot (optional)
- first whip the yogurt till smooth with a wired whisk.
- then add the sugar and stir well, so that the sugar dissolves.
- add all the other ingredients - roasted cumin powder, chaat masala powder, red chili powder and coriander leaves.
- stir well and while serving the raita garnish with coriander leaves.
- serve sweet raita with an indian meal or as a side dish with chapatis and vegetables dishes. you can also serve the raita with chaat snacks like aloo tikki or ragda pattice.