Swiss Chard And Chicken Soup
Recipe type: soups
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 onion, diced up
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 28-oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 4 cups (1 box) low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups of water
- 16 oz. of white meat rotisserie chicken, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 large bunch of chard, stemmed and sliced into ribbons
- 1 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- The juice of one lime
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- Heat olive oil in a 5-qt, non-stick stockpot and add in onions, garlic and jalapeno. Cook for about ten minutes or until your onions are translucent and the veggies are nice and tender. Be careful not to brown them!
- Add in tomatoes, broth, water, chicken and bring to a boil. Once you have your boil, bring it down to a simmer and add chard. Cook soup for another five minutes or until the chard has wilted.
- Finish it off by stirring in the cilantro, lime juice, and scallions.