Recipe type: Appetiser
Spinach Raita is yet another tasty way to prepare the ever popular green vegetable. Spinach is a rich source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Tocopherol, Vitamin E, Vitamin K and Magnesium. It also contains several vital Antioxidants and Folic Acid. Try this Spinach and Yogurt combo with rice or chapattis. It’s a perfect accompaniment to any meal.
- Spinach – 4 cups, chopped
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Mustard Seeds – ½ tsp
- Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp
- Garlic – 3 cloves, finely chopped
- Green Chili - 1 or to taste, finely chopped
- Mint Leaves – handful, chopped
- Yogurt - 2 cups, well beaten
- Salt - to taste
- Heat Oil in a medium pan on medium heat.
- Once Oil is hot, add Mustard and Cumin Seeds. Let them sizzle and pop.
- Add Garlic and Green Chilies and cook for 1 minute.
- Add Mint Leaves and stir.
- Add Spinach and Mix, Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove cover and increase heat. Continue to cook Spinach until the liquid dries up.
- Remove Spinach from stove and allow it to cool.
- Add Spinach and Salt to the Yogurt, mix well and chill.
- Serves 4