Zucchini with Cilantro and Lime
Recipe type: Appetiser
Zucchini is a wonderful vegetable from the squash family that is perfect for people on a diet. It is low in calories, high in water content and a great stomach filler. Try this quick and easy stir fry recipe that takes just minutes to prepare.
- Zucchini – 1 lb, chopped thin
- Oil – 1 Tbsp
- Mustard Seeds – ½ tsp
- Whole Dry Red Chilies – to taste
- Asofoetida – pinch
- Curry Leaves – 1 sprig
- Green Chilies – to taste, finely chopped
- Salt – to taste
- Lime Juice – 1 Tbsp or to taste
- Cilantro – 10 sprigs, finely chopped
- Heat Oil in a medium pan on medium heat.
- Add Mustard Seeds and allow them to pop.
- Add Whole Dry Red Chilies, Asofoetida, Curry Leaves and Green Chilies. Stir.
- Add Salt and Lime Juice and stir.
- Quickly add Zucchini and toss to cook for 2 minutes.
- Switch off stove and mix in Cilantro Leaves.
- Remove Zucchini in another bowl to prevent over cooking.
- Serve hot or cold as a salad of vegetable side dish.