Cheese and Spring Onion Sandwich
Recipe type: Snacks
A very quick sandwich that you can carry in your snack box any day. The cheese and spring onion sandwich is quite continental, and has a comfortingly bland taste, without any dominant flavours.
- 8 bread slices , lightly buttered
- 1 large tomato , thinly sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves
- salt and to taste
- To Be Mixed Into A Spread
- ½ cup cheese spread
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove of garlic (lehsun) , grated
- 2 tbsp finely chopped celery
- 2 to 3 spring onions with greens , finely chopped
- freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) powder powder to taste
- Place a lettuce leaf over a slice of bread.
- Apply a generous layer of the spread over it.
- Top with the sliced tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Sandwich with another slice of bread.
- Repeat with the remaining bread slices, tomatoes, lettuce and spread to make 3 more sandwiches.
- Serve immediately.