Recipe type: Snacks
crisp chickpea falafel recipe
- 1 cup cooked white chickpeas/kabuli chana
- 1 medium sized onion, finely chopped or minced
- 2-3 garlic, crushed or finely chopped or minced
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder (optional)
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp crushed black pepper or pepper powder
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour or whole wheat flour
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley or coriander leaves, finely chopped or minced
- ½ to 1 tbsp lemon juice (optional)
- salt as required
- oil for deep frying
- combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- mash the chickpeas and mix everything well.
- form into small or medium sized balls or patties
- deep fry till golden browned.
- drain on kitchen tissues and serve falafel hot.