Green Gram Halwa - Pesara Nooka Halwa
Recipe type: Snacks
A sweet delicacy, the Green gram halwa is made from boiled green gram or moong dal which is cooked with sugar and ghee till done and lumpy. Add chopped nuts as garnish and enjoy as dessert after meals.
- 1 cup broken yellow moong dal (split yellow gram)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup ghee
- 2 cups water
- 50 gms cashewnuts (kaju)
- cardamom (elaichi) powder to taste
- 1 drop of orange colour
- Fry the green gram in a kadai without oil until it becomes red
- Now, wash the green gram and add milk and water to it and pressure cook the same in a pressure cooker with the whistle on.
- Switch off after 2 whistles.
- Now empty the contents in a kadai. add sugar and keep stirring .
- The halwa is done when it does not stick to the pan. remove from fire.
- Add fried cashewnut and cardamom powder. serve hot.