Recipe type: Snacks
The chana used in this harabhara chaat is not available throught the year but when in season make sure to make this delicious chatpatta chaat recipe which is tangy and spicy.
- 2 cups harra chana
- a pinch of soda bi-carb
- ½ tsp finely chopped green chillies
- ½ cup finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- ¼ tsp asafoetida (hing)
- ½ tsp black salt (sanchal)
- ¼ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Wash the harbhara chana, add the soda bi- carb and boil them in enough water for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from the flame, drain the water and add cold water and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle add the asafetida, harbhara chana and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the salt, black salt, chillies, coriander, chilli powder and mix well and cook on a medium flame for more 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve immediately.