Kesar Halwa - Kesar Sooji Ka Halwa
Recipe type: Snacks
Learn how to make Kesar Halwa recipe using our easy to make homemade Kesar Halwa recipes. Try this homemade Kesar Halwa cooking recipe at your home.
- Sooji / Semolina 1 cup
- Kesar / Saffron Threads a small pinch
- Sugar to taste
- Almonds 3
- Raisins 6
- Cashews 3
- Ghee 2 tsps
- Soak saffron threads in 2 tbsps of warm milk.
- Thinly slice cashews and almonds.
- Heat a tsp of ghee in a pan, add cashews, almonds and raisins.
- When nuts change color, remove from heat.
- Bring to boil 3 cups of water in a sauce pot, add sooji, saffron threads with milk and a tsp of ghee.
- Cook on low flame by stirring frequently till sooji turns soft by absorbing all the water.
- Stir in sugar, roasted cashews, almonds and raisins.
- Cook till the sugar thickens and caramelizes.
- Serve kesar sooji halwa hot or cold.
Make sure sooji is cooked before adding sugar to it.