Recipe type: Snacks
Semolina batter flavoured with cardamom, fried and served with sugar syrup.very easy to make.Suprise your guests with this recipe.
- 100 gm semolina
- 300 gm flour
- Oil for frying
- 4 large black cardamom seeds
- ½ kg sugar
- pinch of sodium bi-carbonate .
- For the Syrup, in about 2 litres of water add a kg of sugar. Boil the two together and cool and leave aside. The Malpoa will be finally added to this mixture.
- Mix together the flour and the semolina by adding enough water to make a thick batter and keep it aside for 5-6 hours, as the semolina has to melt.
- Add the cardamom seeds, a pinch of salt and sugar and sodium bi carbonates and stir well.
- Heat oil in a small pan. Deep-fry a spoonful of batter at a time into the mildly simmering oil.
- The batter will spread to make malpoas.
- Soak the malpoas in the syrup that has already been prepared. Cool it.