Mexican Bean Faheeta ( Healthy Snacks)
Recipe type: Snacks
Throwing a party? try out this mexican delicacy… tortilla stuffed with protein rich bean filling and iron rich green salsa!
- 6 corn tortillas
- 4 tbsp grated mozzrella cheese
- For The Refried Beans Filling
- ¼ cup rajma (kidney beans) (rajma) , soaked overnight
- 2 large garlic (lehsun) cloves , finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup finely chopped capsicum
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp roasted cumin seeds (jeera) powder
- 1 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- For The Green Salsa
- 3 large green tomatoes
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- 2 to 3 green chillies , chopped
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- salt to taste
- For the refried beans filling:
- Combine the kidney beans with a little salt and 1½ cups of water and pressure cook till the beans are slightly overcooked.
- Drain the beans and grind to a coarse paste in a blender. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the garlic and onion and sauté till the onion turns translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and sauté for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the ground beans, capsicum, chilli powder; cumin powder and salt mix well. Cook for 5 minutes. Add water if required to adjust the consistency. Keep aside.
- For the green salsa:
- Cut the tomatoes into big pieces. Add the onions, green chillies and ¼ cup water and cook.
- When cooked, blend in a liquidiser and strain.
- Add the vinegar and salt. Keep aside.
- How to proceed:
- Spread a little green salsa on each tortilla.
- Place some bean filling, fold from both the sides and top with cheese.
- Grill for a few minutes until the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.