Moong Dalia Laddu - Pesara Pappu Laddu
Recipe type: Snacks
Split moong dal is roasted on low flame till aromatic and ground into powder along with dalia and cashews. Roll the ground moong dal mixture into laddu using warm ghee. Store moong dalia laddu tight in a jar and it stays fresh for couple of weeks. Serve moong dalia laddu as required.
- Split Moong Dal 1 Cup
- Dalia ¼ Cup
- Cashews 5
- Sugar 1 Cup
- Pure Ghee app. ¼ Cup
- Microwave the ghee for few seconds and keep aside.
- Heat thick bottomed wok on low flame, add moong dal.
- Roast the moong dal by stirring continuously until it turns lightly golden brown or until aromatic.
- Use a spice grinder to grind the moong dal in batches into somewhat fine powder.
- Powder should be fine enough but not too powdery that it looses its texture.
- Grind the sugar into fine powder and keep aside.
- Grind the dalia and cashews into fine powder.
- In a mixing bowl, add powdered moong dal, powdered cashews and dalia and powdered sugar.
- Mix thoroughly and slowly stir in ghee to the above mixture so that the mixture becomes wet and can be mold-able.
- Take a small handful of mixture and carefully roll the mixture into small lemon sized ball.
- Repeat the same with remaining mixture.
- Store moong dal dalia ladoo tight in a jar and serve.
Make sure moong dal is roasted well. Suggestions: Adjust ghee and sugar if necessary