Recipe type: chaat
murmura chaat – lightly spiced puffed rice
- 2 cups puffed rice
- 1 medium size potato, boiled, peeled and chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric
- a pinch of asafoetida/hing
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 or 2 tbsp fine sev
- black salt as required
- heat oil.
- lower the flame and add the curry leaves.
- fry for a minute.
- add the turmeric and asafoetida.
- stir and immediately add the puffed rice.
- roast the puffed rice till they become crisp.
- do not brown them.
- add black salt.
- when serving murmura chaat, add some boiled potatoes and top up with sev.