Paneer and Corn Burger
Recipe type: Snacks
Let's add an exotic, continental touch to the common burger! this snack is nothing short of a whole meal when served with fries, coleslaw and an no frill cheese dip.
- For The Patty Or Cutlets:
- ½ cup crumbled paneer
- ½ cup crushed sweet corn kernels
- 2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- salt top taste
- oil for deep-frying
- Other Ingredients:
- bread crumbs for coating
- 4 burger buns , cut into halves and lightly buttered
- ½ cup shredded lettuce , torn into pieces
- 4 tbsp eggless mayonnaise
- 2 tomatoes , thinly sliced
- 4 sliced onions
- salt and pepperto taste
- For Serving:
- french fries
- quick cheese dip
- For the patty or cutlets:
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide into 4 equal portions and shape each portion into a 12 mm. (½”) thick round patty.
- Coat each patty with bread crumbs and deep-fry the patties in hot oil till they are golden brown from both sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- How to proceed:
- Place each burger bun halve on a tava (griddle) and toast them lightly on both the sides.
- Place a few lettuce leaves and 1 tbsp of the mayonnaise on the lower half of the bun.
- Place a patty, a few tomato slices, an onion slice over it.
- Finally sprinkle salt and pepper over it.
- Cover with the remaining half of the bun and press it lightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more burgers. Serve immediately with french fries and quick cheese dip.