Singapore Rice Noodles
Recipe type: Snacks
this vibrant snack is a riot of colours with coloured capsicum, red cabbage, sprouts and spring onions. Though rice noodles raise the health quotient by several notches than the plain flour noodles, enjoy this snack in moderation.
- 3 cups cooked rice noodles
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup finely chopped spring onion greens
- ¼ tsp coriander (dhania) powder
- a pinch turmeric powder (haldi)
- 2 tsp sesame (til) oil
- salt to taste
- ½ cup sliced spring onions whites
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
- ¼ cup carrots , cut into thin strips
- ¼ cup french beans , cut into thin strips
- ¼ cup shredded red cabbage
- ½ cup sliced capsicum (red , yellow and green)
- salt to taste
- Combine the rice noodles, bean sprouts, spring onion greens, coriander powder, turmeric powder, 1 tsp of sesame oil and salt in a bowl and mix gently. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tsp of the oil in a non-stick kadhai, add the spring onion whites and garlic and sauté on a high flame for a few seconds. Sprinkle a little water to avoid the onions from burning.
- Add the carrots, french beans, red cabbage, capsicum and salt and sauté over a high flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring continuously till the vegetables soften. Sprinkle some water if required.
- Add the prepared rice noodles mixture and toss gently and cook over a high flame for another minute.
- Serve immediately.
- For cooked rice noodles
- Soak them in boiling hot water for 10 to 15 minutes or as the instructions on the package specify. Drain the water and immerse in cold water in order to arrest any further cooking. Drain and use as required.