Soya Poha ( Diabetic Snacks)
Recipe type: Snacks
I cannot highlight the benefits of soybeans enough! a powerhouse of nutrients, they are used here in granule form to whip up an appetizing version of poha, a popular maharashtrian snack. Eat this unusual version regularly to benefit from the goodness of soya.
- 1¼ cups soya granules
- 1 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 1 tsp urad dal (split black lentils)
- 5 to 6 curry leaves (kadi patta)
- ¼ tsp asafoetida (hing)
- ½ cup sliced onions
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ¼ cup boiled green peas
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- For The Garnish
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- Soak the soya granules in 2 cups of warm water for 30 minutes. Squeeze and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves and asafoetida and sauté till the seeds crackle.
- Add the onions and green chillies and sauté till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the coriander, turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt and mix well.
- Add the soya granules and green peas and sauté for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from the flame, add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.