Spicy Tava Idlis (100 Calorie Snacks)
Recipe type: Snacks
Suggested serving size for 100 calories: 1 serving here comes a yummy, nutritious snack, which is tantalising like junk food, but without the calories and the guilt. Left-over idlis stir-fried in pav bhaji masala make an unusual snack that tickles the taste buds. "
- 2 tsp oil
- ¼ cup chopped onions
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp grated ginger (adrak)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- ½ tsp black salt (sanchal)
- ¼ tsp pav bhaji masala
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 4 left-overidlis, cut into cubes
- For The Garnish
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame till they turn translucent. Sprinkle a little water to avoid the onions from burning.
- Add the tomatoes, ginger and turmeric powder and cook on a medium flame till the oil separates.
- Add the black salt, pav bhaji masala, salt and lemon juice and mix well.
- Add the idlis and toss well.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.