Stuffed Mushroom Pancake
Recipe type: Snacks
Yummy, low-cal mushrooms and spring onions - a must for the weight-watchers grocery list, now in a delicious filling, ideally suited for pancakes or whole wheat chapatis.
- For The Pancakes
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp plain flour(maida)
- 2 tbsp low-fat milk (99.7% fat-free readily available in the market)
- 1 tsp melted low-fat butter
- a pinch ofsalt
- 1 tsp oil for cooking
- For The Stir-fried Mushrooms
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
- ½ cup sliced spring onion whites
- 3 cups sliced mushrooms (khumbh)
- ½ cup sliced spring onion greens
- 2 tsp soya sauce
- salt to taste
- For the pancakes:
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl, add 2 tbsp of water and mix well to make a smooth batter (add 1 tbsp of water if required to make it of pouring consistency).
- Divide the batter into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat a non-stick pan, pour a portion of the batter and tilt the pan around quickly to make a 125 mm. (5") diameter thin circle.
- Cook using ¼ tsp of oil till both sides turn brown in colour.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 3 more pancakes and keep aside.
- For the stir-fried mushrooms:
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai or a wok, add the garlic and sauté on high flame for a minute.
- Add the spring onion whites and sauté on a high flame for 2 to 3 more minutes. Sprinkle a little water to avoid the onions from burning.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté on a high flame for 5 to 7, while stirring continuously till all the water evaporates.
- Add the spring onion greens, soya sauce and salt and toss gently.
- Divide it into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- How to proceed:
- Place a pancake on a clean, dry surface and spread one portion of the stir-fried mushrooms in a row at one corner and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more stir-fried mushroom pancakes.