Stuffed Mushrooms with Spinach
Recipe type: Snacks
For the mushroom and spinach lovers.
- 20 large sized fresh mushrooms (khumbh)
- 2 tsp butter
- For The Spinach Filling
- 3 cups chopped spinach (palak)
- 1 onion , chopped
- 2 green chillies , chopped
- a pinch soda bi carb
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 tbsp plain flour (maida)
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt to taste
- For The Topping
- 2 tbsp grated processed cheese
- Remove and discard the stems from the mushrooms.
- Wash the mushroom caps and keep aside.
- For the spinach filling
- Heat the butter and fry the onion for ½ minute. Add the green chillies and fry for a few seconds.
- Add the spinach and soda bi- card and cook for 2 minutes. Drain.
- Mix the milk with flour, add to the mixture and cook until the mixture becomes thick. Add salt.
- How to proceed:
- Stuff the cavities of the mushroom caps with the stuffing.
- Put a little butter in a large frying pan, arrange the stuffed mushrooms and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- When required to serve, top each mushroom with the cheese and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve hot.