Mango kulfi recipe
Recipe type: sweets
mango kulfi recipe - an indian frozen dense dessert made from milk and mango puree.
- 2.5 cups almond milk or cow's milk
- 2.5 cups mango puree - approx 3-4 large sized alphonso mangoes can be used
- ¼ or ½ cup sugar - depends on the sweetness of the mangoes. so adjust accordingly.
- 4-5 green cardamom crushed or ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- a pinch of saffron
- 12-15 unsalted pistachois - blanched or soaked, peeled and sliced. keep some for garnishing
- 2 to 3 tbsp almond paste/almond meal or khoya/evaporated milk (optional)
- 21/2 or 3 tbsp rice flour or 2 tbsp corn flour dissolved in 3 tbsp almond milk or regular milk
- take saffron and almond milk in a pan.
- heat on a low flame. just let the milk come to a gentle heat.
- don't boil. add sugar. stir till the sugar has dissolved
- add the riceflour paste. keep on stirring so that no lumps are formed.
- cook on a low flame. stir in between.
- continue to cook till the mixture thickens. switch off the flame.
- add the almond paste. stir and let the mixture cool.
- add the mango puree, chopped pistachio slices and mix well.
- pour mango kulfi into serving bowls or kulfi moulds. freeze for 8-10 hours.
- serve mango kulfi cold and sliced with topped with saffron, sliced pistachois, cardamom powder or falooda along with rose syrup