Senaga Pappu Payasam Recipe
Recipe type: Snacks
Learn how to make Senaga Pappu Payasam recipe at home. Senaga pappu payasam is a traditional Andhra dish which we prepare for many festivals. Preparation of Senaga pappu payasam is very easy and takes very less time to do. If you find this Senaga Pappu Payasam recipe is useful then please share with your friends. Here we have given list of ingredients and procedure on how to make Senaga Pappu Payasam recipe, so that any one can make this Senaga Pappu Payasam very easily without any experiance on making this recipe.
- Senga pappu - ½ cup
- Jaggery - 1 cup
- Low fat milk - 2 cups
- Cardamom pwd - ½ cup
- Cashew nuts - 8-10
- Ghee - ½ tsp
- Soak Senga pappu in water for ½ an hour, and cook in pressure cooker for up to 2 whistles (soft).
- Heat a pan, add ghee and toast the cashew nuts and raisins till golden brown. Remove from pan, keep aside.
- In a heavy bottomed vessel, add the jaggery powered and water and let it cook for 7-8 minutes on low flame.
- Add the cooked chana dal along with left over liquid and let it slowly simmer for 6-7 minutes, stirring it once in a while.
- Turn off heat. Add the low fat milk and combine. On low flame, allow the payasam to cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the cardamom powder toasted cashews. Serve warm or chilled.