Fresh Tomato Purée
Recipe type: Tips
The recipes in this book are all based on the following home-made purée recipe, and using commercially available purée may require you to tweak the recipes a little according to the purée concentration. To store it, just pour it into ice-cube trays, freeze, pop out, and store in the freezer in an air-tight plastic freezer box or ziploc bag. This will stay nice and fresh for up to two months, waiting to be added to your yummy gravies!
- 2 medium sized tomatoes
- water for boiling tomatoes
- Scoop out and discard the eyes of the tomatoes using the tip of the sharp
- Boil a vesselful of water, add the tomatoes and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove and immerse them in cold water for some time.
- When the tomatoes are cool, peel and discard the skin.
- Chop roughly and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée. Use as required.