Recipe type: Curries
Achari paneer is an aromatic accompaniment, which imbibes its flavour from a mixture of seeds used in the seasoning. A simple mixture of curds, flour and a few spice powders forms the base of this delectable cottage cheese preparation.
- 1 cup paneer (cottagte cheese) cubes
- 1 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 5 to 6 fenugreek (methi) seeds
- 1 tsp nigella seeds (kalonji)
- ½ tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- ½ tsp asafoetida (hing)
- ½ cup thinly sliced onions
- ½ tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp black salt (sanchal)
- ¾ cup fresh curds (dahi)
- 1 tsp plain flour (maida)
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- Mix the fennel seeds, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, nigella seeds, cumin seeds and asafoetida in a small bowl.
- Heat the oil and add the seed mixture.
- When they crackle, add the onion and saute till it turns translucent.
- Add the paneer, turmeric, chilli powder, black salt and stir for some time.
- Add the curds, sprinkle the plain flour and mix well.
- Add the coriander and salt and bring to a boil.
- Serve hot with rice or rotis.