Baby corn jalfrezi recipe
Recipe type: Curries
baby corn jalfrezi - tangy, slightly sweet and spicy.
- 200 or 250 gms baby corn
- 1 medium sized capsicum/green bell pepper
- 1 medium sized onion
- 2 dry red chilies
- 2 garlic + ½ inch ginger - crushed or made in a paste
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ¼ or ½ tsp garam masala powder
- 1 cup tomato puree
- ½ tsp apple cider or white vinegar
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 or 1.5 tsp organic unrefined cane sugar or as required
- salt as required
- some coriander leaves for garnishing
- slice each baby corn vertically in to 4.
- thinly slice the capsicum and onions.
- heat oil in kadai or wok or a pan.
- add the onions and saute till they become translucent.
- add the ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw aroma goes away.
- add the dry red chilies and saute for 10-12 seconds.
- now add the capsicum and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- add the baby corn and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- now add the tomato puree and stir.
- add red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and garam masala.
- also add salt and sugar
- cook the baby corn in the tomato sauce for 10-12 mins.
- if the liquids dry up, then add ¼ or ½ cup water and continue to cook.
- when the curry becomes semi dry, add the vinegar.
- stir and serve the baby corn jalfrezi garnished with coriander leaves.