Bhindi Do Pyaza Recipe
Recipe type: Curries
Bhindi Do Pyaza - Simple and Easy Recipe of Ladyfinger made in Punjabi Style.
- 250 gms Bhindi ( Okra)
- 4 medium sized onions or 2 large onions
- 1 tsp Turmeric (Haldi) powder
- 1 tsp red chilly powder
- 1 tsp amchur (dried mango powder)
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp ghee or oil
- Firstly wash the bhindi in running water. Then wipe them with a kitchen napkin.
- Chop the bhindis into half inch pieces.
- Slice the onions thinly.
- In a pan or wok, add ghee or oil. Then add the chopped bhindis. Fry them on a medium flame till the bhindis become slightly tender.
- Add all the dry masala powders except garam masala powder and amchur and mix well. Add salt too.
- Now add the sliced onions.
- Mix the bhindis well with the onions.
- Cook on a slow flame till the bhindi is soft and cooked. Don’t overcook as the bhindis will get mushy.
- Lastly, add the garam masala powder and amchur.
- Mix the garam masala powder and amchur powder with the bhindi and onions.
- Serve Bhindi Do Pyaza with rotis or phulkas. It can also be served as a side dish.