Boiled Onion Paste
Recipe type: Curries
Not only does the addition of boiled onion paste enhance the taste of dishes, it is also an excellent time saver and makes it very convenient to put together a tasty dish within minutes. The condiments added while boiling further pep up the flavour. You can make this paste in bulk and store in small packets in the deep-freezer for up to one month.
- 1 medium sized onion , peeled
- 2 cloves (laung / lavang)
- 25 of cinnamon (dalchini)
- 2 black peppercorns (kalimirch)
- Combine together all the ingredients and 1 cup of water in a pan and cook on medium flame till the onions turn soft.
- Remove, cool and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Use as required.
This paste can be frozen up-to 6 months if stored in a plastic container or refrigerated for 1 to 2 days.