Brinjal Or Eggplant Fry
Recipe type: Curries
It's a very very old recipe but has never lost it's place. Very easy to make and it goes fantastic with dal and rice. I remember when i was growing up my mom used to make this brinjal fry or ''begun bhaja'' as called in Bengali almost 2 to 3 times a week. The taste still lingers in my tongue. I made it today for my lunch and thought of sharing this wonderful recipe.
- 3-4 medium size brinjals , cut into ½ inch slices
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera) powder
- 1 tsp ginger (adrak) paste
- salt to taste
- 3 tsp mustard (rai / sarson) oil
- chopped coriander (dhania) for garnishing
- Combine the chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin seeds powder, ginger paste and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Apply this mixture on each brinjal slice on both the sides and keep asid efor 15 minutes.
- In a non stick pan or wok, heat the mustard oil and add the slices of brinjal and gently place them over the pan and fry both sides.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot along with dal and rice.