Butter Paneer or Panir Makhani
Recipe type: Curries
Butter Paneer (lovingly known as Panir Makhani) is not only a very well known dish, but is absolutely scrumptious and can have you salivating just by thinking about it. Try out this recipe in all it’s rich glory, or if you prefer a healthier version, you can use some of our fat and calorie fighting tips. Enjoy!
- Paneer – 14oz (approx. ½ kg)
- Oil – 2 tsp.
- Butter – 4 tbsp (50 gm)
- Garlic Paste & Ginger Paste: 1.5 tsp each
- Crushed Tomatoes – 1 cup
- Paprika or Kashmiri Mirch – ½ tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Heavy Whipping Cream – ½ cup
- Water – 1 cup or to taste
- Sugar (optional) – 1 tsp or to taste
- Cilantro – to garnish
- Cut panir to desired shape.
- Heat a pan and add Oil and then Butter.
- Once hot, add Ginger and Garlic paste & saute for 2 min.
- Add in the Crushed Tomato.
- Add the dry spices – Coriander Powder, Garam Masala, Paprika, Red Chili Powder and the Salt.
- Mix and cook till oil separates.
- Add Paneer and mix gently.
- Pour 1 cup water and simmer for 5 mins.
- Lower heat and add Cream.
- Allow it to come to another boil.
- Add Sugar and mix well.
- Garnish with Cilantro and serve hot.