Recipe type: Curries
A delicious dish and can be cooked with very little amount of spices and oil. Very healthy and also one of my favorites. Hope you all like it.
- 400 gms chopped cabbage
- 2 chopped potatoes
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 1 chopped capsicum
- 2 chopped green chillies
- 2-3 whole dry kashmiri red chilli
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera) powder
- ½ tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic (adrak-lehsun) paste
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a non stick pan or wok.
- Add the cumin seeds and mustard seeds and let it crackle.
- Add ½ tsp of hing.
- Add the dry red chilli and let it get fried in the oil for 1 minute.
- Add the potatoes and fry them for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, capsicum and green chilli and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and saute well.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and garam masala and saute for 4 to 5 minutes for the masalas to cook completely.
- Add the cabbage and saute till the whole masala is mixed completely.
- Add salt as per our taste and mix well.
- Add half cup of water and mix well for another 3 to 4 minutes till the masala is completely dissolved.
- Add the sugar and mix well.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook for 15 to 18 till the cabbage is soft.
- Serve hot with rice or roti.